October 05, 2003

The New Joe Millionaire

For the next "Joe Millionaire," FOX gathered a bevy of European ladies and told them an American cowboy with an $80 million oil fortune is looking for a wife with broken English, but not a broken heart.

"Ha, ha!" us viewers will say. Because we heard the rest on the promo and know that he really makes only $11,000 a year.

FOX, did you really have to make him that poor? Is this likely to happen?

COWBOY: "I have something to tell you. I'm not really a multimillionaire."
WOMAN: "It cannot be!"
COWBOY: "I'm a night manager at 7-11. I make $34,000 a year."
WOMAN: [crying] "This is horrible. How could you lie...oh, $34,000? That's fine. I thought you were going to say you make under $20 K."
COWBOY: [laughs] "Not as long as people throw away their aluminum cans!"

No comments: