October 29, 2003

Looking up a word in a dictionary for people who stutter

"Does potatoes have three p's or for?"

My creative faculties fizzled out hours ago. My last six posts have been patched together from the arms and limbs of previous pieces scattered on my hard drive. It's been fun reading my old writing and seeing what parts of it hold up. For many of the pieces I had forgotten I had wrote them.

In fact, this is the last half-decent one I could find on my hard drive. I'm not sure it's funny, but it's the closest I've got right now.

Fun Games To Play in Stores

Home Depot
YOU: Excuse me. Do you have a boss smasher?
EMPLOYEE: A what?
YOU: A boss smasher. You know, metal head, wooden handle, good for smashing things.
EMPLOYEE: You mean a hammer?
YOU: Yeah, that'll do.

Giant
YOU: Do you have any rotten produce?
GROCER: We don’t carry rotten produce in this store.
YOU: [very glum] Oh.

Safeway
YOU: Can you hand me a tomato?
GROCER: Here you go.
[Put tomato in pants.]
YOU: Can you hand me another tomato?
[repeat]

No comments: