October 08, 2003

Mind Trek

I watched an awesome episode of "Star Trek: TNG" where Riker jumps back and forth from the Enterprise and an alien mental hospital. He can't tell which world is real and slowly goes insane.

Afterwards, I flipped to the Yankees/Red Sox game to check the store. At this point, I was half-drunk on wine. As the announcers were talking, a graphic of the U.S. from the Weather Channel appeared. The announcers kept talking, not mentioning the graphic, and it disappeared after a few seconds.

I got very scared for a few moments.

A bit later, the graphic came back up and one of the commentators said "Anyone watching this in a bar with the sound off is going to be confused." I inferred that beforehand they were talking about the possibility of the game being rained out.

I don't have any strong opinions about pot, but this is one time I was very grateful that I don't smoke it.

No comments: