October 24, 2004

GRQ Update

I spent several minutes searching the Internet today for easy ways to make money, and found nothing. Would a more exhaustive search turn up something? Perhaps. But I'm not looking for a "Get Rich By Spending Hours Hunting for Information Buried on the Web" scheme. I want by riches quick, the way I deserve my riches.

In fact, as far as I can tell, the only way to get rich quick is through online gambling. So that's where I'll start for the first few weeks.

I like online gambling because it's fun, easy, and requires little knowledge. All you need is luck, and as a professional dog walker living with two roommates and scraping to get by every month, I have plenty of it.

I started off my professional gambling career with a few small bets on the first World Series game and a bet on the Chicago-Tampa Bay football game tomorrow.

I bet $10 that the Red Sox would score the first three runs (they did) and $2 on an 8:1 bet that they would win by exactly 4 runs (they didn't). I also bet $10 that Chicago and Tampa would score less than 32 points combined. My reasoning is that both of these teams played the Redskins and are now shitty by association.

My goal is to win $100-$200 a month betting on sports I barely watch and know little about. Again, my aim is not merely just to make money. It is to make money with the absolute minimum of effort, skill, and knowledge. When I do something, I do it right. And by right, I mean doing everything wrong.

No comments: