October 13, 2004

You know...

...with all the whining I've been doing about getting people to volunteer, it would help if I told my DC, MD, and VA peeps what they could do to get involved.

There's a Yahoo group called Virginia Votes where people post upcoming volunteer events, talk strategy, and so on. Even if you're unsure you want to volunteer, go ahead and join and lurk for a few days. It can't hurt, and you'll, um, get a free Slurpee. If anyone tells you otherwise, just tell them who sent you: Tibor Papapippipoopapalooza.

The group has a web page that also serves as a hub for several organizations in the area. Upcoming events are listed on this page. They have listing for debate parties if you're looking to watch it with a crowd.

And let me know if you join the group, even if you're not up for doing something yet. It means a lot to me to hear about people taking a small step towards getting involved.

No comments: