August 04, 2003

New Title

Sammy requested that I change the blog title to "Glass Squash for Pumpkin Bob." I turned to my Number 1 and said in my best Captain Piccard voice: "Make it so." Although my Number 1 is a balloon with a grumpy face and "JONATHAN FRAKES" scribbled on the forehead, "Make it so" is still fun to say. In fact, it's so enjoyable to say that I have integrated the phrase in my life.

WAITER: "Would you like another coke?"
ME: "Make it so."

CASHIER: "With a regular fries and coke, it's $4.13."
SISTER: "Get it supersized so I can have some of your fries."
ME: "You know the magic word."
SISTER: [sigh] "Captain, I recommend that you supersize the meal."
ME: [to cashier] "Make it so, Number 1."
CASHIER: "I used to be more than a number."

SEWING MACHINE REPAIR PERSON: "What do you want me to do?"
ME: "Make it so."

Sammy says there is an interesting story behind the blog name. I'm guessing a Cinderella tie-in. Sammy, what's the story?

No comments: