June 15, 2007

'You Are Never Alone" --Socalled

I got this song from Salon.com's Song of the Day podcast. It's the best song I've heard in a few weeks, although obviously that doesn't mean you will even like it. It's at least worth a listen though.

Is it me, or is there zero correlation between one's taste in music and personality? I wouldn't say that about books, television shows, or movies. There seems to be at least a faint connection between one's pop culture interests and world view. I haven't seen a connection between personality and taste in music though. Maybe that's because music is less language-centric than books, TV shows, and movies. Music may engage people on a simpler, more primal level, and our enjoyments of melodies may have to do more with our genetics than the sum experiences of our lives.

No comments: