February 01, 2007

SuperBowl XXXLVIIT'@ I Have No Clue

I have had a few of my friends remark, unprompted, how it's neat that both of the head coaches in the Super Bowl are black. It it neat. If you are not a sports fan, the significance is that no African-American coach has made it to the Superbowl before. Until the past ten years or so, few NFL team owners have been willing to hire black head coaches.

Now, whoever wins, one of them will make history and be the first black head coach to win a Super Bowl...unless the Man fixes the game so it's a tie. Which I think would be really funny.

MADDEN: "Manning steps back, throws, and...the ball is hovering in mid-air?"
ESIASON: "Our producer is telling us that a very strong wind current in the stadium."
MADDEN: "But it's a domed stadium."

[There is a short pause. The stadium dome explodes.]

ESIASON: "The football has now risen and exited the stadium"
MADDEN: "This has got to be the strangest thing I've ever seen at a football game. Get these guys another ball. Let's play."
ESIASON: "A referee has gone to the ball cart to get a new ball, and...it's hard to make out, but it appears that someone has replaced the entire car of footballs with bunny rabbits."
MADDEN: "There has got to be another football in this stadium."
ESIASON: "I'm sure there is. The players are standing around, understandably confused. I tell you, John, I--"
MADDEN: "Hold on. The head referee is trotting out to the field. He has found another ball...DEAR GOD! A 30-ft wide sinkhole has opened up directly under the referee."
ESIASON: "I tell you John, I was expecting razzle-dazzle, but not this type of razzle-dazzle."
ESIASON: , especially Understandable when team owners only began seriously considering been willing to hire Although it's too By the end of this Superbowl, one of the two coaches will be the first

No comments: