October 24, 2005

Well, It *Was* Cloudy Today

It's 6:24 p.m. I'm watching Seinfeld with my roommate. Our screen door opens.

ME: "Are you expecting anyone?"
ROOMMATE: "Nope."

We wait for a knock. Instead, the mail slot opens and the mail plops on the floor. We hear the footsteps of the mailman scurrying away and we burst out laughing.

Easily the highlight of my day. If I were a mailman, I'd deliver the mail after 8:00 p.m. at least once a month, just to make people laugh. I'd alphabetize people's mail too on occasion, just to give them the frustrating sense of noticing something is odd not being able to figure out what it is.

2 comments:

Jason said...

YOU ARE A LIAR SONNY! AND YOUR SMILEY FACE HELPS NOTHING.

2nd guy: Dude, you are f-ing insane. Who talks about SQL one sentence and then switches over to Georgia highway construction. Furthermore, Georgia doesn't even have highways. They run on a system of pneumatic tubes.

Mitch said...

That is funny! The comments are funny too. We're convinced our mailman skips Fridays. We almost never get mail on Friday and on some Mondays get more than the box seems to be designed to hold.