February 22, 2005

The Real AARP

What does it say about our civilization when the line between parody and reality is completely destroyed?

Just look at this web ad, part of a right-wing campaign to attack the AARP for its resistance against the Bush administration's proposal to privatize Social Security. No application of my creative powers, at whatever strength or duration, could result in the creation of a funnier ad.

It can't be parodied. Comedy Emiril can not kick it up another notch. It is the only ad in human history where the addition of a monkey would make it less absurd.

I give up. I quit. What's the point in trying anymore? Hey, everyone! Democrats hate lollipops! Social Security sucks taffy out of your belly! Just say no to subsidizing robots!

I think I'm going to snap.

No comments: