August 06, 2003

Acres of Hilarity

I just got back from doing stand-up at WiseAcres. My confidence was shaken from a couple bad experiences I had in a row, so I wrote and practiced my routine every day for the past week, stacked the audience with my family, and went up hoping for the best. I'm happy with how it turned out. Most of my material got a great response. I stuttered more severely than I would have liked, and it got in the way in a few places, but I did a decent job making jokes about it with the audience.

As much as I hate bombing, at least those times give me funnier stories to write.

I'm not planning on putting an mp3 of the performance or any ones in the near future. It's kind of like the fifth kid in the family who gets screwed with the baby pictures. Wow. Another baby. Woo. Take it to Sears for a family photo once a year and be done with it. But if you still want to listen to it, I'll digitalize it and email you a link.

No comments: