September 10, 2003

Missed a $100

I replied to an ad about a web site usability study. $100 for 2 hours of web browsing. But I got screened out. It's moments like this I wish life had save and restore buttons. I would have aced the screening questionnaire the second time. Instead, this happened:

WOMAN: "How often do you use the web? Less than 2 hours a week?"
ME: [snicker]
WOMAN: "2 to 5 hours a week? 5 to 10 hours? Or more than 10?"
ME: "More than 10 hours a week, or more than 10 hours a day? Well, it doesn't matter."
WOMAN: "I'm sorry. The demographic you're in is full."
ME: "Wait. By web, you mean spider webs, right? Because I run a spider farm. Is there another "web" out there? Also, I live in a cave. But not a terrorist cave. An old fashioned cave, the way grandma used to make them. Yup. That's my motivation."
WOMAN: "Go away."

No comments: