July 25, 2003

Happy Birthday, Michele!

It’s my sister’s birthday today. She is now 25. I thought of writing her a poem (“Dear Michele / You no longer smell”) but opted for another display of affection. Michele, by the way, the books I got you arrived…oh, wait a minute. You won’t be coming until next week. Guess I’ll have to read them! I got you another copy of the new Harry Potter book. It’s great. It’s totally better than your copy. And they match. When people ask you why you have two copies of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", you can tell them, “Cause I’m twice the Harry Potter fan than you are, fool!” Then you can pity their fool ass.

I know what you’re thinking. No, it was nothing. You’re welcome. If you enjoy sending birthday wishes to strangers, in this case The Birthday Girl, I am sure she would be thrilled to receive them.

No comments: