July 28, 2003

GET OFF THE STAGE!

I'm going to an open mike Tuesday and Wednesday. This is an open invite to anyone who wants to come and share the laughter...at me. A few caveats. It's all new material (read: some good, some bad.) I'm not sure I'll get stage time either day. And I'll be talking in the voice of George Washington for most of the time. But read this rave review of a rehearsal of my act from my friends Sean and Deb:

Sean: "It sucked less than last time."
Deb: "Oh, yeah. It definitely sucked less than last time."
Sean: "I mean, last time REALLY sucked."
Deb: "Remember when he tried to do an impression of the Dalai Lama, but he forgot his lines and farted?"
Sean: "Do I? I watch the video every time I'm plagued by feelings of inadequacy."
[Sean and Deb go on to reminisce for five minutes on my last act.]

Where At?
Tuesday: 8:00, The Cave (Washington D.C.)
Wednesday: 8:00, WiseAcres (Tysons Corner, VA)

No comments: