January 23, 2006

Another Random Assortment

The election results for Canada's next Prime Minister will be announced tomorrow. Which brings up an obvious question: Canada has elections? Good for them. Just like a real country.

(Look, I need a warm-up people. You don't serve aces without some practice, and Canada's my automatic ball machine.)


"Lay, Skilling Ask to Postpone Trial"

How's 2017 work for everyone? No? Shit.


My roommate was watching a History Channel show on "USOs: Unidentifed Submerged Objects." Essentially, they're UFOs that swim under water. Here's a typical line from the show:

NARRATOR: "Some researchers believe that the lost city of Atlantis is the home base for USOs."

How many takes the narrator went through to say that without snorting milk through his nose, I don't know.

The show references an event many years ago on a dark night (of course) where "hundreds of objects burst from the ocean and flew into the air." One of the producers found a 911 recording of someone calling in about the event. Here is the beginning of the dramatic conversation, which I swear I am not embellishing a bit:

OPERATOR: "911."
CALLER: "Has anyone reported anything unusual tonight?"
OPERATOR: "Uh.....can you be a little more specific?"
CALLER: "Anything involving lights?"

And was the caller arrested afterwards for crimes against humanity? No. And some say there is justice in the world.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"just like a real country."
that was rich. too bad I'm canadian. except I'm not.

-Lexie