May 03, 2007

The Petulant Pessimist

"I hate lemonade. I don't want to make it."

The Optimist's Optimist
"I don't need to make lemonade. I love lemons!"

The Literalist
"How is making lemonade going to help me get through breast cancer?"

The Polite Cola Drinker
"Life, don't get me wrong. I appreciate the lemons. But lemonade isn't my thing. It's still sour. I mean, it comes from lemons. I'll tell you what. Next Pepsi, I'll squeeze a little in.

The Metaphorist
"Lemons, bad event. Lemonade, using the bad event to spur something good in life. But what does the rest mean? Okay, this is going to sound weird, but stick with me. The sugar: positive attitude. The stirrer: motivation and support. The container: the limits of individualism. Oh, come on, You didn't even think about it. Look, I said it would sound weird. Fine, do you have a better explanation? Yeah. Didn't think so."

The Lemon
"Oooh, that feels good. Hey, what are you doing with that knife?"

On Lemon Seeds
"When life gives you lemons, life also gives you a dozen little miniature lemon packets embedded in the original lemon, just in case you have any hope of not being completely screwed."

No comments: