October 29, 2003

Partying Tired of Being Forced in Parentheses

At a press conference yesterday, the partying part of Kiss’s "I Want To Rock and Roll All Night (and Party Every Day)" complained about its subordinate status.

"Don’t get me wrong," said the currently parenthetical expression. "I realize the importance of rock and roll as much as anyone else. Partying could not exist without rock and roll. But like the bee and the flower, rock and roll would have no reason to exist without partying. It is a symbiotic relationship warped by derogatory semantics."

Rock and roll, a long-time friend of partying, was lukewarm to the proposal. "Dude. Like, I don’t know. I mean, like, I’m first, you know? Dude."

Partying, known for its planning and organizational abilities, offered several solutions:

* Change song title to "I Wish to Party and Rock and Roll All Day and Night, Together in Harmony."
* Print partying and rock part on top of each other, hire Tibetan monks who can read both parts simultaneously as DJs.
* During prime partying season (summer), use "I Want to Party All Day (and Rock and Roll All Night). Winter, rock and rock part first. Wrestle for rights to spring and fall.

No comments: