August 22, 2006

I'm Afraid To Do the Junior Jumble

It's called "The Jumble" now, but let's not fool ourselves. It's still the Junior Jumble. Right below the crossword puzzle. A mentally-challenged siren calling to me. "I'm easy! Come on. Pick up a crayon."

My ego holds me back. What if we can't finish it? "Of course we can finish it. We can complete a solid 25, 30% of the crossword puzzle now. Mostly without Google."

What if it takes more than 2 minutes? "Hey, remember what we said about comparing ourselves to others? Anyway, it won't. It's the Jumble. Sometimes they don't even bother to scramble the words. It's like, "You sit on this: CAHIR."

We're going to bumble.
"We won't bumble the Jumble."

I wonder if this is how my Dad thought about my Nintendo twenty years ago.

We're going to embarass ourselves.

"Come on, it's only two butons."

No comments: