July 19, 2006

Moving Soon

There's a 95% chance I'm moving in the beginning of September. My roommates and I live in a house that's falling apart, and we're all in places in our lives where we want to obtain the American dream of living in a place with a fresh coat of paint.

I'm browsing ads on craigslist for places in Arlington or Alexandria. A lot of the places have "special features" that are always mentioned off-handedly at the bottom of the letter. Like...

"If you'd like to talk about it...please drop me an e-mail and tell me a bit about yourself. Here are a few pics...not the best as I need a fisheye lens...but you get the idea. Thanks and best of luck to us all. Oh, I have a wolf hybrid. He's very mellow and stays in my bedroom in the basement for the most part...so, no other pets...unless they are in aquariums...sorry."

PROSPECTIVE RENTER: "I like the place a lot, but I'm very concerned about the wolf hybrid. Is he, um, aggressive?"
OWNER: "Oh, no. Not at all. He's very relaxed. I keep him securely in the basement most of the time. You'll barely know he's here. "
PROSPECTIVE RENTER: "Sounds good. Just curious, what is he a hybrid of?"
OWNER: "Most of his fur his gray, but his head and tail is white."
PROSPECTIVE RENTER: "Wait. So by hybrid you mean his fur is two different colors?"
OWNER: "Oh, yeah. He's 100% wolf."

PROSPECTIVE RENTER: "Lovely. I gotta go."

Then there's the 2BR apartment looking for 4 roommates. For those who have fond memories of living in a dorm room.

One of my favorites: Club Kemper.
I can't even tell if this is a real post. How did their old roommate make it to graduate school in that house?

No comments: