April 29, 2003

Groceries

My benchmark for physical fitness is the amount of groceries I can carry from my car to my townhouse. You may be able to bench 10x3 reps of 200 lbs., but can you lift $48.27 of groceries in one trip…post coupon?

When will ESPN2 stop airing the Strongman Challenge and show an event relevant to the common, everyday consumer: The Green Giant vs. Brawny. I have Brawny close to pinning The Green Giant until the little, green asparagus kid sneaks up behind Brawny and whacks him with a chair.

Speaking of Brawny, why is the company’s mascot a lumberjack? Starfish doesn’t put a fisherman with a spear through a dolphin on its can. And although it would be funny to see Bill Cosby ride in on a hoofless horse, I don't think Jello wants to change their image. "Remember, if it can't clippity-clop, it's part of a Jello Pudding Pop!"

No comments: