April 28, 2007

Small Rant

Why is it so difficult to print a playlist in Windows Media Player? It's one of the most simple and needed functions for a media player, and WMP doesn't have an option for it. You need to download a third-party program, and the program is buggy and I can't get it to work yet.

A college computer student would probably write one in half-an-hour. A playlist is just a bunch of metadata, right? Song titles, artist names, file locations, and so on. I suspect all of this information could be saved in a text file if disk space and efficiency weren't concerns. Yet it's not in WMP 11. Maybe Microsoft is saving it for WMP 27. "Awesome! WMP 27 totally crushes WMP 1-26. Now I can do this incredibly useful and easy-to-code function! Oh, what wonders will WMP 28 bring? What forth magic?"

I know how petty these concerns are in the grand scheme of things, yet they still annoy me. Some things are so simple that I don't understand why they aren't implemented from the start.

No comments: