November 07, 2006

Not that anyone is visiting Pancake City for timely political analysis, but...

Unfortunately, I think George Allen is going to eek out a victory of about 15,000 votes. Although none of the major networks are ready to call the race, Pancake City analyzed the county-by-county data, estimated the projected final totals, and has CON-cluuuded that Webb can't make up the ground. It's too bad--Jim Webb was, to me, a more moderate, level-headed candidate than George Allen. I'd love to be wrong.


Update: This one won't be resolved for a few weeks. Jim Webb has a 3,000 vote lead (out of over 2,200,000 votes) with 99% of the precincts reporting. There is going to be a recount, and it will take a while to complete. This is also a good example of why I am not a political analysis. Pancake City has CON-cluuuuded that I have no idea what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am! What took you so long to post?